Become a Volunteer Facilitator
We are looking for motivated, initiative-driven and organised volunteer facilitators who will collaborate both in the arrangement processes leading up to the writing sessions as well as their delivery. Your responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating logistical elements (e.g. booking venues, setting-up physical spaces and purchasing necessary supplies).
- Designing and promoting posts to advertise the initiative amongst students.
- Drafting and updating guidelines and/or informative briefings.
- Orchestrating arrivals, introductions and warm-up writing activities.
- Ensuring students are kept within the proposed time schedules.
- Facilitating conversations amongst participants.
- Providing assistance and encouragement throughout the gatherings.
- Creating feedback forms and presenting post-session reports.
- Participating in brainstorming sessions and working towards the materialisation of new ideas.
Why should you apply?
This volunteering experience will not only allow you to contribute towards strengthening the sense of community amongst Graduate School students, but also create vibrant and intellectually stimulating spaces where everyone is encouraged to reconnect with the pleasures of writing.
You will gain first-hand experience in event coordination, marketing and communication while acquiring a set of invaluable skills such as innovation, resiliency, effective management and teamwork. This is your chance to continue developing a strong professional network and we can assist you with a LinkedIn recommendation as well as a reference letter at the end of your journey!
These sessions are organised in accordance to the upcoming assignment deadlines that masters students at Graduate School have throughout the year.
You will be expected to run at least 1-2 writing sessions per month. Working schedules may vary depending on your availability and the event's timetable, meaning that it could range from a minimum of 14 hours to a maximum of 22 hours in total. Bear in mind that while delivering these sessions you will also have time to work on your own individual projects!
Applications for writing session facilitators are currently closed! If you are interested in joining our team in the future, sign-up here to receive a notification whenever the recruitment process resumes.
Attention! We are only accepting applications from students and alumni who are currently registered or have already graduated from one of the master's programmes offered by Graduate School.
Andrea Sánchez Almeida
Graduate School Intern
gsintern [at] sam [dot] lu [dot] se