Double degree programme
Each year a handful of students are selected for nomination to go to Fudan for the double degree programme. Students in this programme spend their second year at Fudan University in Shanghai, and take courses about Chinese society, culture, and politics. They will also write their thesis in Shanghai.
Overview of our Double Degree Programme
The Faculty of Social Sciences has an exchange agreement with Fudan University in Shanghai, China, which allows eligible students in Global Studies, Development Studies and Social Studies of Gender, to apply for a full year’s study at Fudan University. These students will obtain a Master’s degree from Fudan University in addition to the Master’s degree from Lund.
- Degree of Master in Sociology, Social Anthropology or Social Work, with specialisation in Chinese Society, at Fudan University.
- Degree of Master of Science (120 credits) in Global Studies, Development Studies or Social Studies of Gender Studies, at Lund University.
Double Degree Programme Course Structure
Courses at Lund University for students in Global Studies, Development studies or Social studies of Gender:
- SIMP01 - Introduction to Global Studies and SIMP02 - Globalisation, Conflict, Security and the State
- SIMP27 - Gender, Class, Ethnicity and Sexuality and SIMP28 - Critical Feminist Perspectives on Social Theory
- SIMP37 - Theories and Issues in Development and SIMP38 - Historical Aspects of Development
- Theory of Science/Research Method, 30 ECTS
Mandatory courses at Fudan University:
- Introduction to Chinese Society, 10 ECTS / 3 Chinese credits.
- Introduction to Chinese Culture, 10 ECTS / 3 Chinese credits.
Elective courses at Fudan University (each course equal 10 ECTS or 3 Chinese credits)
- Chinese Social Development and Globalization
- Chinese Rural Society
- Chinese Demography and Social Policy
- Conducting Research in Chinese Context
- The Transitional Chinese Society
- Religion in Chinese Society
- Doing Fieldwork in China
- Culture and Health
You will receive more detailed information on this option during your studies. If you are interested in this option, contact the Faculty of Social Sciences International Office.
For questions about exchange studies and studies abroad, contact International Office at the Faculty of Social Sciences, at outgoing [at] sam [dot] lu [dot] se (outgoing[at]sam[dot]lu[dot]se).