Our Master's Programmes
Our programmes in Development Studies, Global Studies, Social Scientific Data Analysis, Social Studies of Gender, and Middle Eastern Studies.
These five master's programmes are unique and allow you to get deeper insight into both the theme of the programme while keeping a strong foundation within your major.
What are the main differences between the programmes?
- The MA in Middle Eastern Studies aims to develop deeper knowledge of the Middle East of today. Students are trained in critical thinking, social science theory and research methodology in order to give students the ability to apply these perspectives to current events and debates in and about the region. Read more about the Middle Eastern Studies programme here.
- The MSc in Development Studies programme aims to provide students with the background knowledge and concrete skills to understand, assess and work in development-related fields, whether in direct poverty reduction or in other aspects of social and institutional development. Read more about the programme in Development Studies here.
- The MSc in Global Studies programme aims to provide the student with knowledge of globalisation, conflict and social change. Read more about Global Studies here.
- The MSc in Social Scientific Data Analysis will prepare you to become a social scientific data analyst & professional researcher. The focus of the master programme is on the process of conducting social research, research methodology, and applied theory. Read more about the programme in Social Scientific Data Analysis here.
- The MSc in Social Studies of Gender programme aims to provide students with the core elements through which current feminist theories, in dialogue with established academic disciplines, have contributed to the understanding of broader social processes. Read more about the programme in Social Studies of Gender here.